Opportunity of a Lifetime:
+ $7-10 Trillion Opportunity*
+ Historic industry creation
+ Historic industry destruction
+ Multiple ways to win:
* Michael Wayland. "GM’s Cruise values autonomous vehicle industry at $8 trillion" CNBC, 5 February 2020
Mark Phelan. "Detroit leads, Tesla lags in trillion-dollar race for robot-car business" Detroit Free Press, 13 March 2019
History has shown that most major technological revolutions & evolutions have followed a similar adoption path – we are at an Inflection Point.
1. Business Insider, https://www.businessinsider.com.au/self-driving-cars-at-peak-of-gartners-hype-cycle-2015-8
2. Forbes, https://www.forbes.com/sites/enroute/2018/08/14/autonomous-vehicles-fall-into-the-trough-of-disillusionment-but-thats-good/
3. Business Insider, https://www.businessinsider.com.au/waymo-says-it-will-start-giving-rides-without-safety-drivers-2019-10
$8-10 Trillion Revolution: That’s right, trillion with a “T.” We believe this is going to be the biggest technological revolution of our lifetime… and very few are paying attention.
It’s Happening Now: EV adoption is inflecting, and autonomous vehicles are already on the road today across the US. Google’s Waymo division has over 600 self-driving cars (no safety drivers!) that have collectively driven over 20 million miles (32 million kilometres). In the Phoenix area, consumers can hail one today with a simple click in the app.
Every Industry Will Be Affected: We believe there will be massive winners and significant losers – given our structure, we plan to make money on both. On the winner side, think about: semiconductors (digital and electric vehicle content), cloud software & infrastructure, and autonomous technologies. On the loser side, think about the industries that will disappear: car rental companies, internal combustion engine (ICE) components, and Big Oil…
Multiple Ways to Win: While the end state is already coming into view, there are multiple building block evolutions that we are actively seeking to capitalize on – namely, Sharing/Connectivity, Electrification, and Autonomy.
About Ibex Investors:
+ Founded in 2003
+ Over USD $870m in Assets Under Management
+ Offices in Denver, New York & Tel Aviv
+ Proven Portfolio Manager:
Ryan Mahon | Ibex Mobility Revolution Strategy
* At 31 December 2020. Reflects performance since Ryan Mahon joined Ibex in July 2019 as a portfolio manager after the Fund’s original portfolio manager departed.