TAMIM Fund: Global Mobility
+61 402 234 577
+61 431 535 559
+61 405 147 230
Opportunity of a Lifetime:
+ $8-10 Trillion Opportunity*
+ Historic industry creation
+ Historic industry destruction
+ Multiple ways to win:
* Michael Wayland. "GM’s Cruise values autonomous vehicle industry at $8 trillion" CNBC, 5 February 2020
Mark Phelan. "Detroit leads, Tesla lags in trillion-dollar race for robot-car business" Detroit Free Press, 13 March 2019
History has shown that most major technological revolutions & evolutions have followed a similar adoption path – we are at an Inflection Point.
1. Business Insider, https://www.businessinsider.com.au/self-driving-cars-at-peak-of-gartners-hype-cycle-2015-8
2. Forbes, https://www.forbes.com/sites/enroute/2018/08/14/autonomous-vehicles-fall-into-the-trough-of-disillusionment-but-thats-good/
3. Business Insider, https://www.businessinsider.com.au/waymo-says-it-will-start-giving-rides-without-safety-drivers-2019-10
$8-10 Trillion Revolution: That’s right, trillion with a “T.” We believe this is going to be the biggest technological revolution of our lifetime… and very few are paying attention.
It’s Happening Now: EV adoption is inflecting, and autonomous vehicles are already on the road today across the US. Google’s Waymo division has over 600 self-driving cars (no safety drivers!) that have collectively driven over 20 million miles (32 million kilometres). In the Phoenix area, consumers can hail one today with a simple click in the app.
Every Industry Will Be Affected: We believe there will be massive winners and significant losers – given our structure, we plan to make money on both. On the winner side, think about: semiconductors (digital and electric vehicle content), cloud software & infrastructure, and autonomous technologies. On the loser side, think about the industries that will disappear: car rental companies, internal combustion engine (ICE) components, and Big Oil…
Multiple Ways to Win: While the end state is already coming into view, there are multiple building block evolutions that we are actively seeking to capitalize on – namely, Sharing/Connectivity, Electrification, and Autonomy.
About Ibex Investors:
+ Founded in 2003
+ Over USD $870m in Assets Under Management
+ Offices in Denver, New York & Tel Aviv
+ Proven Portfolio Manager:
Ryan Mahon | Ibex Mobility Revolution Strategy
* At 31 December 2020. Reflects performance since Ryan Mahon joined Ibex in July 2019 as a portfolio manager after the Fund’s original portfolio manager departed.
Level 4, 55 Grafton Street
Bondi Junction, Sydney NSW, 2022
1300 750 007
magellen, kosec, clime, wilson, wam, montgomery, platinum, commsec, caledonia, pengana, tamim