The TAMIM investment team is always diligently researching, reading and scouring the internet for information and ideas that will shape our investing future. Ever since Google renamed to Alphabet we bump into friends and clients alike who wonder what this new company is all about. This week we decided to take the opportunity to explain the various working components of the new Alphabet.
Googles Larry Page released a letter last August 2015 announcing the re-configuring of Google into a conglomerate called Alphabet.It described Alphabet as a new holding company that would be composed of the following independent operating units:
- The Google search engine and related businesses—including Android, Gmail, and YouTube, to name a few;
- Calico - the health care company whose goal is to lengthen life expectancy;
- Verily - the home of the company’s "smart" contact lens;
- X previously Google X) - its R&D arm;
- DeepMind - artificial intelligence;
- Access - all of the company’s high-speed Internet initiatives;
- Jigsaw - the think tank/tech incubator formerly known as Google Ideas.
It is going to be quite amazing to watch the growth of a company that quite literally is changing the world on front of our eyes. To read more click the following article.
The team at TAMIM